Saturday, February 9, 2008

Birthdays in January





We celebrated both Jordan's and Rachel's birthdays this month with a family party. The kids had a fun time with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. It is always nice to visit with family!







Rachel had a friend party at McDonalds this year. That was quite the experience! Mom brought the two younger ones while I drove the party of 6 to our destination. We weren't even there 10 minutes before Jordan threw-up in the play place. No - not on the floor - in the actual playland! So I squeezed in and tried to clean up the mess as best as I could before a young McDonald's staff member finished the job. So Mom hauled the sick toddler home and I was left with 7 children on my own. Good thing I am a teacher so I know how to handle a big crowd of kids! The 15 year old party host was great! He brought everything to our table in a timely manner, cleaned-up throw-up, was polite and friendly. Let's just say he got a BIG tip from this lucky mom! Birthdays are always quite interesting.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow... I remember when you left a voicemail on my phone saying, "I had the baby! It's a girl!!!" way back when.... how time flies, huh?

Great to see this blog! I'll add it to the list of those that I check when I'm procrastinating. ;)