Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Tree

Here is a picture of the Wieland Christmas Tree 2010. We still purchase a real tree! It is really fun to have a larger living room and windows to display our beautiful tree. The girls have a smaller, artificial tree downstairs that they decorate by themselves. Although you can't see it very well in this picture, we have a little white picket fence surrounding the base of the tree. It was made by my Grandfather Printz so it is a very special tradition to have it up. I have very fond memories of playing with my Barbies by the Christmas Tree and using the fence as their "gate" to get into their Christmas parties. There are also many ornaments on the tree from my Grandmother Gross. She send us an ornament every year for Christmas (even when we were adults.) She did make the mistake of not giving us ornaments one year because she thought we were getting too old. Boy, did my brothers and I give her a hard time! She ended up backordering Avon Ornaments for us. It is always wonderful to put the decorations on the tree and recall the traditions and memories of days in the past. Merry Christmas!

No comments: